Friday, February 26, 2010

You Bring Light In, To A Dark Place

Mao Asada

Isn't She Lovely?

Just a few things in a rather scattered yet grander than the grand, Victorian manner…

  • Once again, I have been quite negligent in updating this blog- my midterms just finished recently and I seriously do not know how even I could have managed that. At any rate- I have been fortunate and grateful. I knew I worked hard (well that’s not really saying much as I have been coasting on talent for the past two years) but still, I have learned my lesson not to leave fights to judges and their scorecards and finish them- no more, no less.  I am returning to camp Marinovich for the whole of March and will be coming out of April- fit and focused and more importantly, my weaknesses will be strengths, my strengths will be second nature . Watch.
  • I have been immersed with the rather mesmerising spectacle of the Olympics- the tragedy that befell the start was surely heartbreaking but still the triumph of man against physical and mental odds must be celebrated- a very welcome respite from the tortuous drama going on in the world. So to my girl Mao Asada (too bad honey- you’ll win next time darling- here’s a great article from the Village Voice though- http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/archives/2010/02/mao_asadas_cons.php), Yu-na Kim (just mind blowing and very well-deserved), Magdalena Neuner, Bode Miller (doing it in one’s own way and all in good time- the only way to do it!), the Japanese Women’s Curling Team (still not a sport-haha), the skiers, the skaters, the sticks, the shooters, the crashes, the jumps,  the falls and the fights and the flights and everything in between- thank you. For a moment, you all spared the world from nonsense and sadness and just gifted all a taste of victory- for humanity.
  • So there. I am finishing my reading on Hayek, keeping an eye on the war of words between the Greeks and the Teutons, writing a few pieces here and there and getting ready to go back to camp. March will mark TWO MONTHS OFF of cutting out all the silly stuff (to the muse I made a vow to and for- see? I keep my word…) and I am gunning for A HUNDRED DAYS OFF. Anyway, I’ll post more of my musings on economics and law soon and here’s to the summer..

The Future of the Future

Kim Yuna

WATCH. JUST SCRAP.

(All articles, photographs, and artwork owned and copyrighted by their respective authors, publishers, and artists)

[Via http://redordead.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment