Monday, November 2, 2009

California: Not Such A Great Deal

The Golden State Isn’t Worth It…especially compared with low-tax states like Texas:

California’s interlocking directorate of government employee unions, issue activists, careerists and campaign contributors has become increasingly aggressive and adept at using rhetoric extolling public benefits for all to deliver targeted advantages to itself. As a result, the political reality of the high-benefit/high-tax model is that its public goods are, increasingly, neither public nor good. Instead, the beneficiaries are the providers of the public services, and certain favored or connected constituencies, rather than the general population.

I’ve been telling Angelenos for 15 years now that Texas is a great place to live.  People never seemed to understand what I was talking about.  I never thought I’d see a piece in the LAT agree with me on that one.

I never saw the “high benefit” thing that this guy is talking about, either…

(Via Insty)

No comments:

Post a Comment