Monday, November 16, 2009

Ludwig von Mises: Economics and Moral Courage

“How one carries on in the face of unavoidable catastrophe is a matter of temperament. In high school, as was custom, I had chosen a verse by Virgil to be my motto: Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito. Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it. I recalled these words during the darkest hours of the war. Again and again I had met with situations from which rational deliberation found no means of escape; but then the unexpected intervened, and with it came salvation. I would not lose courage even now. I wanted to do everything an economist could do. I would not tire in saying what I knew to be true.”

~Ludwig von Mises Economics and Moral Courage

Thank you Lew Rockwell.

Related Posts On Pronk Palisades Economists The Battle For The World Economy–Videos Frederic Bastiat–The Law–Videos Yaron Brook–Videos Friedrich Hayek–Videos Milton Friedman–Videos Milton Friedman on Education–Videos Ludwig von Mises–Videos The Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged and The Ideas of Ayn Rand Murray Rothbard–Videos Peter Schiff–Videos Schiff, Forbers and Bloomberg Nail The Financial Crisis and Recession–Mistakes Were Made–Greed, Arrogance, Stupidity–Three Chinese Curses! L. William Seidman on The Economic Crisis: Causes and Cures–Videos Amity Shlaes–Videos Julian Simon–Videos Thomas Sowell and Conflict of Visions–Videos Thomas E. Woods, Jr.–Videos Banking Cartel’s Public Relations Campaign Continues:Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke On The Record

No comments:

Post a Comment