Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Wealthy Trust Fund

A blessing as the conversation continued: A minister was talking with a skilled professional printer, recently a victim of this countries’ “recession/Greed of Destruction” by his job-loss. Sorrow and such unfair practices, yet impossible to stop was in length, discussed. Fifteen million American Workers unable to work and the 6 for 1 job ratio was a comment and sympathy was exchanged.

This fine man, in the prime of his profession, (20) years of hard work and another 10-15 years needed due to family responsibility, shook his head. Yet! He stood straight and strong and while looking directly into this minister’s eyes said,” With everything going on, I am lucky because I am blessed with a trust fund.” With a lean toward the preacher and a soft voice he continued, “I have and always will trust in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” The Lord is our only Trust and our only Wealth.”

With tears in eyes; both, the minister softly replied, “Amen.”

Blessed Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians, 1:4-5. “I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;”

My dear-dear Father said to me when I was a young man, “Son, always-always trust in the Lord.” Tears again…and again, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment